Here are some of the questions we hear most often. If your question is not answered here, please email us at [email protected] for a prompt reply, or call (407) 892-6800 and a member of our team will be happy to help you.
What is a title?
A title is the recognition of property ownership. A title is less of an object, and more of a status or concept. The title to a property is the owner’s right to possess and use the property, as well as transfer legal ownership of the property. If you hold the title to a property, you are entitled to possess, use, or transfer it.
- What is a clear title?
- What is a deed?
- Why is transferring the title of real estate so much more complicated than transferring the title of other types of personal property?
- What is a title search, and why is it necessary when closing on a property?
- What is title insurance, and how does it protect me from defects in the title that are discovered after I’ve already closed on a property?
- Are there different types of title insurance?
- What is “pro-ration” of property taxes?
- The premium listed on the paperwork I received from the title insurance company doesn’t seem to match up with the title insurance premium enumerated on the Loan Estimate and Closing Disclosure. Am I being changed more?